Connect
To Top

Online shopping warning after girl suffers chemical burns

TRADING Standards chiefs at Warrington today issued a warning to online shoppers after a 15-year-old girl suffered chemical burns from nail glue.

Warrington mum, Sarah Gallagher bought her daughter, Chloe, a nail art kit for £21 online as a gift.

While using the kit, Chloe accidentally spilled the nail glue on her legs – and it immediately burned through her pyjamas and onto her skin.

Chloe acted quickly to wash the glue off, but her skin was already chemically burned.

She was referred to Alder Hey Hospital, Liverpool, where she was treated for second or third degree burns.

Since the incident, Chloe has been in a lot of pain and has travelled with her mum to Alder Hey Hospital multiple times to have her dressings changed.

Trading Standards officers discovered the seller was based in Hong Kong and the nail glue was manufactured in China.Warrington Borough Council’s lead member for environment and public protection, Cllr Judith Guthrie said: “We strongly advise people to be wary of buying products that don’t appear to comply with EU/UK regulations.

“It’s really important that people stay safe when shopping online and find out as much as possible about what they are purchasing.

“On this occasion, our officers acted swiftly to get the product removed from the website. Unfortunately, as the seller and manufacturer are outside of Europe, we were not able to take enforcement action in this case.”

For general consumer advice, contact Citizen’s Advice Consumer Advice service on 03454 04 05 06.Visit Warrington’s Trading Standard’s page or email [email protected]

Original Article Source

More in Articles

Holla! I'm your Nail Art Guru! My name is Nina and Nail Art is my Passion! I love to share my favorite nail art ideas, tips and cool nail trends with my lady friends!

Copyright © 2018 - All rights reserved