Connect
To Top

Teen suffers chemical burns from nail glue after it spills on her leg and melts her pyjamas – The Sun

TRADING Standards watchdogs have issued a warning to online shoppers yesterday after a 15-year-old girl suffered chemical burns from nail glue.

Mum, Sarah Gallagher of Warrington, Cheshire, bought her daughter, Chloe, a nail art kit for £21 online as a gift.

3

Sarah Gallagher was horrified when her daughter Chloe suffered a chemical burn from nail glueCredit: Warrington Borough Council

But while using the kit, Chloe accidentally spilled the nail glue on her legs -– and it immediately burned through her pyjamas and onto her skin.

Chloe acted quickly to wash the glue off, but her skin was already chemically burned.

She was referred to Alder Hey Hospital, Liverpool, where she was treated for second and third degree burns.

Since the incident, Chloe has been in a lot of pain and has travelled with her mum to Alder Hey Hospital multiple times to have her dressings changed.

3

The glue had burned through her pyjamas leaving her in agonyCredit: Warrington Borough Council

Trading Standards officers discovered the seller was based in Hong Kong and the nail glue was manufactured in China.

Warrington Borough Council’s lead member for environment and public protection, Councillor Judith Guthrie said: “We strongly advise people to be wary of buying products that don’t appear to comply with EU/UK regulations.

“It’s really important that people stay safe when shopping online and find out as much as possible about what they are purchasing.

3

The incident has left Chloe in a lot of pain and she has visited hospital on several occasions about itCredit: Warrington Borough Council

“On this occasion, our officers acted swiftly to get the product removed from the website.

“Unfortunately, as the seller and manufacturer are outside of Europe, we were not able to take enforcement action in this case.”

This is not the first time that nail glue has caused serious injury with another mother warning others just last month after her daughter was also left with third-degree burns.

Millie Jones received a pack of stick-on nails for Christmas and following a day out in April, decided to give them a go.

Mum Beth thought nothing of it until she heard the youngster screaming in agony, saying that her leg was burning.

Exclusive

BUGABOO TO TRADITION

Meghan Markle opts for posh mums’ favourite £1,200 pram for Archie

Revealed

NO BED OF ROSES

Rose Hanbury’s ‘world rocking’ after ‘momentous’ fall out with Kate & Wills

WE’RE OVEN IT

Shoppers go wild for ‘amazing’ oven cleaner & the photos speak for themselves

‘IS THIS OK?’

Mum’s shock as doctor ‘stuck finger up baby’s bum’ to test for constipation

Bigot Bride

Bride sacks make-up artist after finding out she’s gay

DICTATED BY ‘BULLY’ EX

My ex told me who to speak to, what to wear and when to have babies

Doctors explained that although usually harmless, certain fast acting glues can have an extreme reaction if they come into contact with cotton.

They told Beth that it was like Millie had had acid poured on her skin.

In other news, a mum has issued a safety warning over bow headbands after claiming her friend’s 14-week-old daughter suffocated while wearing one.

And this mum rushed her daughter to the doctor over a mysterious black mark in her mouth discovered it was only cardboard.

Woman reveals she accidentally glued her armpit together while waxing for her holiday

 

Original Article Source

More in Articles

Holla! I'm your Nail Art Guru! My name is Nina and Nail Art is my Passion! I love to share my favorite nail art ideas, tips and cool nail trends with my lady friends!

Copyright © 2018 - All rights reserved